It sounds so sophisticated …
like I should be wearing a Chanel jacket while sipping a glass of champagne on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and watching the beautiful people stroll by with their poodles and baguettes.
In reality, I’m in flip flops and jeans drinking a margarita.
But I can decoupage!
Remember my ugly plastic pumpkins that I turned into the world’s cutest planters? Well, now they have company.
Decoupage Lace Pumpkin Tutorial
– Funkin – or use a real one!
– Martha Stewart Crafts Decoupage White Floral Lace Trim
– Martha Stewart Crafts craft paint (I used Pool)
– Martha Stewart Crafts matte decoupage medium
– Paint brush
1) Paint funkin in your favorite craft paint color (I used Martha Stewart in Pool – 3 coats)
2) Snip pieces from the floral lace trim
3) Add a thin layer of decoupage medium to the lace pieces and apply to the funkin
4) Let dry then apply a thin layer of the matte decoupage medium to the entire funkin
I’m suddenly craving a baguette – see what decoupaging can do to a girl.
My 12 Months of Martha Projects
January – Valentine Table
February – Peter Cottontail Silhouette
March – DIY Paisley Plate Wall
April – 3-D Butterfly Art
May – Key to My Heart Statement Necklace
June – Mason Jar Memory Jars
July – Chevron Antique Window Tray
Shop Michael’s starting August 21 for the brand new full line of Martha Stewart Crafts decoupage supplies.