My Backyard Oasis – The Game Plan
To know me is to know I love nothing more than sitting outside on a beautiful day with an ice cold margarita in hand.
I’ve dreamed of creating an outdoor “room” where friends and family can gather for barbecues, music and inappropriate laughter.
I’ve got a great space to work with. Pluses include a large bluestone patio that’s big enough for a dining table, barbecue and lounge area.
Don’t judge the current state of the patio. We’ve been getting sun, rain and even snow the last couple of weeks not to mention my tree shedding flowers that look like snow.
I like the current furniture but this large patio can handle a larger seating area and and I need to hide those eyesore air conditioning units.
I’ve partnered with Lowe’s to make my fantasy into my backyard oasis reality.
My Wish List
1) Large outdoor sofa that seats lots of people (or where I can lounge in peace and solitude after I consume that margarita).
2) Large outdoor coffee table (so I can lay out big spreads of food and there’s a place for everyone to set their margaritas).
3) Hide my ugly air conditioning unit with trellis screens (it’s hard to picture myself in an oasis when all I see is that big ugly box mocking me while I try to drink my margarita in peace).
4) Shade from a huge umbrella (because there’s nothing worse than a watered down margarita from melted ice).
5) Serving cart (a place to store my mixology supplies for shaking up large jiggers of margaritas as well as the perfect rolling buffet cart).
6) Lush plantings in unique containers like these whiskey barrels (close your eyes and you can almost hear the gentle sway of the palm trees while holding a margarita).
Soon I’ll turn my dreams into reality. Stay tuned while I spruce up my patio – I’ll be back soon to show you the finished product.
Cocktails anyone? I’m suddenly craving a margarita.
Disclaimer – Thanks for supporting the brands that make this blog possible – sponsored by Lowe’s.
Or maybe take a nap? Pat S
Yes, a nap is always a good idea!
Bummed, thought we were going to see the big reveal ?
It’s coming Marge! I thought it would be fun to show my thought process first!
Okay i can use a nap but a never take one so i will just go look and see what i can do outside. Hurry!! lol!
I love a good nap! You should definitely try it Marlene!
Love the plan…you have a great patio to start it all off!
Thanks Shirley – come on over any time for a cocktail!
it looks like a “Kelly party” waiting to happen.
Have it complete by May 9th please and thank you.
with an ice cold margarita waiting
Updated put forth sheet: