See how to transform new planters into aged, antique looking pots that look like they belong in a European garden! If you want to know how to age terra cotta pots, this simple method is for you.
Moisturizer, eye cream, lotions and potions.
While I’m all over a great anti-aging product, I have the opposite opinion about my terra cotta pots.
Forget those perfectly perfect, brand spanking new pots. Like a man, they get better with age …
this is the George Clooney of pots.
How to Age Terra Cotta Pots
* terra cotta pot
* spackling paste
* yellow craft paint
* plastic knife
* paper plate for mixing
* dirt (yes, dirt) or potting soil
1) Mix a glob of speckling paste with a little bit (a little goes a long way!) of yellow craft paint and stir to combine
2) Use plastic knife to spread your mixture onto a terra cotta pot, leaving some areas exposed
3) Rub a little dirt or potting soil all over the painted pot
4) Plant a flower – give as a gift or keep it all for yourself
Everything old is new again …
at least in the garden.