Want a wow factor in your garden? I’m sharing how to repurpose a dresser into a planter that will be the talk of your garden. Giving my tips on painting and how to make the dresser weather the seasons. The perfect way to repurpose a vintage find for any gardener or green thumb. Dress up your plants with a dresser.
I painted and planted …
in the rain.
Talk about a bad hair day!
All to get ready for our The Great Outdoors link party on Tuesday.
Remember my $6 Thrift Shop Dresser Score?
Well, she got a makeover – lip gloss, spanx and a shiny new tiara.
She’s even wearing her favorite Behr Peacock Blue dress …
and a chalkboard bird brooch.
Want one of your own?
* Clean the dresser with TSP (thanks for the tip, Karen from Redoux)
* 2 coats of outdoor paint (I used Peacock Blue – Behr)
* Line drawers with plastic garbage bags using painters tape
* Punch a few holes thru the garbage bags and bottom of drawers for drainage.
* Put something heavy in the backs of the drawers (I used 3 bricks in each) so the drawers don’t tilt down.
* Fill with dirt and plant away.
Her bustier is filled with herbs and her swing skirt with geraniums.
Update: Here’s what she looks like all filled in!
Do you love to repurpose vintage finds. Love gardening? Share your stories in the comments so we can inspire each other!